Very Berry Sorbet
150g granulated sugar
250ml Póngracz Brut Rose.
Juice from 1 lemon
- Combine the sugar and Póngracz Brut Rose in a medium saucepan. Cook gently over a medium heat for 1-2 mins or until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and boil for 3 minutes until slightly thickened to a syrup. Pour into a heatproof jug and stir in the lemon juice. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the berries in food processor and process briefly to a create a rough purée. Pour into a sieve placed over a large bowl and press the purée through the sieve to get as much of the juice as you can. Pour the cooled syrup through the same sieve over the bowl – this will help push through any remaining juice. Discard the seeds.
- Pour the mixture into a flat dish and cover with plastic wrap. Place it in the freezer to chill completely for 2 hours.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream churner and churn until thick and creamy.
- Alternatively (if you do not have a churner): Remove the mixture from the freezer after the initial 2 hours and use a fork to break up any ice crystals so that the mixture is smooth. Freeze for another 2 hrs, then break up the crystals again.
- Repeat 2-3 times more every hour until the sorbet is fully set.
- Remove the sorbet from the freezer 10-15 mins before serving to allow it to soften slightly, so that it’s easier to scoop. Place scoop on ice cream cones and serve with glasses of the Póngracz Brut Rose.